6.30.2014

Bugging Out

Plans always change. It's annoying to think of this, especially when you're excited for the plans you've made. One of my changing plans is bugging me right now. I planned to major in both English and General Theatre. I want to get as much education as I can. Plus, most Theatre programs have Masters as terminal degrees. So, if I want to teach on a University level (which I do), and my road to a doctorate isn't working out, I can get a MFA in playwriting or directing and go from there. Bam. That's as far as I can go in that field.

But the Theatre program at USU has yet to get back to me. What if I just get an English degree. I just feel like I can do so much more than that! But what if I get a fulltime job? That's a ton of work. Do I really need to double major?


Also, I'm so sick of hearing "Get as much education as you can. Don't stop. Because once you have a baby it's so hard to go to school." Okay, yeah, I'm not a mom. I don't know how hard it is to go back to school, but everyone is different...Just because it was hard for you to go back to school won't mean it's hard for me. Some people find it really hard to work and go to school, but that's never been an issue for me. And I know people that work forty hours, have a baby, and go to school. It isn't ideal, but it's possible. Plus, I'm not even planning on having a baby, so what's that advice for?

I guess it's just weird that everyone kind of butts into your life. When you're a kid, it's fine. But eventually, you get to be an adult and make decisions. Sure, we're immature and super young adults, but adults nonetheless. Once the decision is made, it's made. That's it. Leave us alone.

Taylor and I were told that eventually you'll want to spend time alone and apart from each other. We were told that by a couple who was married for a year. It's been two years for us, and we still hate being without each other. It's not like they had bad advice, it's just that we are totally different.

I'm just saying, every story is different. Ours changes every day. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes I'm annoyed that things don't go the way I want them to. Sometimes the stupid page won't turn. Sometimes the pages turn too quickly. But we're writing it, and I'm happy that we're the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment