12.05.2012

writers block

Every day at work, I see hundreds and hundreds of books.
I put them away, I pick them up, I skim through them, I scan them.
I'm immersed in books.
I walk home, I sit down, and I blog about what?
In all those hundreds of books, most are not center aligned, with snippets of whatever nonsense, and big pictures of random whatevers.
Although, I suppose, some are like that...
mostly magazines, or picture books,
but the point is:
 my blog is so different than a book.

And as I work, I think about all the things I could write about..
religion, history, fantasy, a book about a teenage girl in love with a vampire, something!
 But at the same time, I can hardly figure out where I'm going with this one post!
I started a novel in High School...
it was about a kid named Matt who was an abnormally gifted at the piano..and he found a magic coin that transported him to a magic...place.
It was awful.
Maybe I'm not meant to write a book, but I have this blog.
And I really want this blog to NOT be... Matt and the Magic Coin,
but every time I sit down to write, all the ideas I once had are gone..
My brain melts and runs out my nose, and I'm left with a blank white rectangle on my computer screen.
I'm afraid to write about politics or theories or science,
good heavens, I'm not about to bore 92 people!

So.
Here we are.
Here I am rambling about my writers block,
and here you are reading about it.

Quite frankly, that's all I can think of to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment