4.24.2012

Antiques and the Creeps

Soooooo, I'm doing a vintage carnival wedding, right?
Right.
So, I should check out antique shops, right?
Right.
You can find way cool stuff in antique shops, right?
Right.
My friends and I hit historic downtown in search of vintage things, and I discovered something.
Clowns, masks, and dolls are very vintage.
Let's reflect on Nikole's phobias.
1.) DOLLS
2.) CLOWNS
3.) closed spaces...
4.) Creepy Masks!
 Basically, it was the most terrifying thing I have ever done in my life.
Do you see how these shops encompass all 4 of my top phobias??
blegh.
On the bright side, it was a sunny funny weekend.
Also,
I am a ditz.
Like at the end of My Fair Wedding Part 3..
One time I called a bookstore and the first thing I said was
"You sell books?"
sigh...
at least my baby boy thinks it's adorable.

Anyway, I went to the bank yesterday trying to activate a debit card.
My conversation with the teller:
"They said I couldn't activate this card on the phone"
"hmm...how many cards do you have?"
"none on this account, but I have one for another account, and so does my fiancee!!"
"What happened to the card you used to have for your personal account"
"....uh...it got demagnetized"
"So, they sent you another one?"
"Yeah, I must have cut the old one up, because I don't have it now"
"...this is strange..."
"Wait! It actually got stolen"
"What?"
"I just remembered it was stolen"
"You just remembered?"
"Yeah, like two months ago"
"When did they send you this card?"
"...like two months ago?"
"And you're just activating it now?"
"....yes"


2 comments:

  1. the shop looks perfect, however creepy masks always freak me out haha :) x

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo...I have this theory about people.

    ReplyDelete